A new line of products designed to help those on a Ketogenic diet (extreme low carb, high fat), has become available.
Since many of you follow this type of diet, we decided to try some of them out, starting with the KetOil spread.
KetOil is a 50/50 blend of Grass-fed Organic Ghee and Organic Coconut Oil.
– Naturally nutritious cooking and baking blend with a higher smoke point
– Ideal for baking, sauteing, stir-frying, and more
– Adds a delicate, buttery flavor to your recipes
– Healthy saturated fatty acids for energy, cell protection and repair
– High in CLA, omega 3’s and MCTs (medium chain triglycerides)
Coconut oil, as a diet aid, is used to increase metabolism, aid in digestion, and promote good cholesterol.
However, the most beneficial effects of this fruity friend comes in increased health benefits when used to replace common household cooking oils. KetOil combines coconut oil and ghee to increase the number of possible cooking applications.
Ghee is the most potent, least allergenic and most nutritious source of animal fats. These two oils in combination result in an oil that has a higher smoke point and is great for sautéing, pan frying, baking and stir-frying.